Saturday, November 26, 2011

Color Theory

Pantone Spring 2012 Color Report 
While everyone is running about for Black Friday, White Friday, Small Business Saturday, and et al, I am obsessing over this color palette for next spring, dreaming up an edgy new concept that focuses on color instead of material.  I'm so excited for Spring 2012 to come that I feel like a little kid at Christmas.  I can't stop thinking of how I want to combine colors and sizes of silk cord with ombre oxidized sterling silver chain, and add in some monochromatic combinations of letterpress paper cutouts.  I imagine the pieces to be modern takes on traditional craft, and when I debut the concept just in time for next Spring, it will be like opening that huge present that every kid secretly hopes Santa is delivering special for them.  Now, please excuse me while I get back to my tangerine powered visions of driftwood covered in bellflowers, starfish and sweet lilacs....

2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time embracing color, but all of these are so beautifully Earthy to me, I imagine I'll be in line to Ooo and Ahh over your new creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melissa. I love the Earthiness too, and am SO inspired to use them to tell Earth's story...

    ReplyDelete